The next stage of construction on Collier Road and Tonkin Highway will include removal of the temporary roundabouts on the Collier Road bridge. Works will also include final asphalting, line-marking and commissioning the traffic lights on the bridge. These works will require a weekend closure of Collier Road closure: 8pm Friday 16 February to 5am Monday 19 February
- Collier Road closed between Grey/Jackson Street and Wright Street (access to local businesses only).
- Access to businesses in the closed section will be maintained with traffic management in place.
- Tonkin Highway will remain open however there will be no access to Collier Road.
- Bus services on Collier Road between Grey/Jackson Street and Beechboro Road South will be impacted. For more information visit the Transperth website or call the Transperth InfoLine on 13 62 13.
- There will be NO ACCESS FOR RESTRICTED ACCESS VEHICLES to the surrounding business/industrial area via Collier Road. For more information, visit mainroads.wa.gov.au/UsingRoads/HeavyVehicles
- Road users are asked to use alternative routes to access Collier Road as shown in the map below.
From Monday 12 February:
- There will be two lanes of traffic in each direction on Collier Road.
- Traffic lights will be in operation on the Collier Road bridge.
- Works to complete hard landscaping will continue around the interchange which will involve lane closures, speed reductions and traffic management.
- Pedestrian paths on both sides of Collier Road between Embleton Avenue/Beechboro Road South and Grey/Jackson Street will be open enabling pedestrians to walk along Collier Road without having to cross traffic on Tonkin Highway.