This extensive slide show originally published in 2013, but updated a couple of months ago, illustrates where advertising has come from and how it’s been completely turned on it’s head.
It’s a lesson every business needs to learn: why traditional methods of advertising just aren’t going to cut it anymore and why. But it also takes you to where the customers are and tells you how to reach them….
Here are a few facts from the slide show. . . . . .
1) Advertising has existed as far back as 3000 BC!
2) 63% of consumers need to hear company claims 3-5 times before they actually believe it.
3) You’re more likely to survive a plane crash than click a banner ad.
4) The first newspaper ad was in 1650 to offer a reward for 12 stolen horses.
5) Caller ID has been around to spot telemarketers since 1981.
6) In 1993, the entire internet had 5 million users — or 0.45% of Facebook’s current user base.